AFIS as a collective body which represents battery importers, has the obligation to organize programs for the recycle of batteries, aiming to achieve the quantitative targets of recycling as mentioned by the legislation. More specifically the Organization has the responsibility:
- To place bins for recycling.
Public can find bins at:
and other Public
- To ensure the proper collection of batteries.
- To ensure for the proper and safe temporary storage of batteries.
- To arrange the export of materials in licensed units for sorting and recycling.
- To inform the public about the need to separate and recycle batteries and about the collection network.
- To prepare reports for the State, the members/shareholders and the public.